Thursday, May 31, 2012

Approaching the big ONE!








Well, the time has arrived.  Our little girl is about to celebrate her very first BIRTHDAY!  I can't even get over the fact that at this time just last year I still didn't know if I was having a boy or a girl and I was sitting around eating anything I wanted and enjoying the wonderful beauty of pregnancy.  I loved the last trimester.  It was glorious and what I had always wanted to experience for myself.  My little belly contained a baby that was a good deal larger than we all thought, including the doctor.  Even minutes before my delivery everyone in the room (hospital staff) was placing bets that the baby was going to be somewhere around 6-6 1/2 pounds!  Then there she was...all 8 pounds of her!  Simply perfect.  Dark black hair, chubby little cheeks, full lips.  She was exactly as I pictured.  And although I never wanted to say what I thought I was having, deep in my heart I knew it was a little angel girl.  

Who would have thought that now she has blonde hair and the bluest eyes!  I just knew she was gonna have all of her Daddy's dark features.  You really never know!  

There was that time in my life, not long ago at all, that I had come to term with the reality that we may never have a baby of our own.  I thank the Dear Lord above each and every day and night and sometimes even more than that!  She has made what was already a home filled with love to one busting at the seams. J.R. and I could not be happier.  So now it's time to CELEBRATE!!!!  We are having her birthday party at our house in the back yard (please don't be TOO terribly hot!) and the decorations and balloons and bounce house and everything else is a go!  There will be food and cupcakes and music and lots and lots of love.  I just couldn't leave anyone out of our celebration so the list ended up being a tad long but I wouldn't have it any other way.  I know she won't remember it in her mind, but one day she will see the pictures and videos and see all her family and friends that came to celebrate her very first year of life with us.  I can't imagine anything better :)





Thank you to everyone who supported me before, during, and after pregnancy.  It means more than I can ever express to you.  I love being a Mommy to this precious little girl and I am so excited to celebrate and create her first birthday!!!!!

Her actual day of birth is June 5th so I will post a little bit on that day too!  

Next time you see her she will be the big 1!!!!!

1 comment:

  1. Happy 1st Birthday Sofia Rose Natale. You are absolutely a gift from God. I love.love.love watching your parents face light up when they speak of you and hold you in their arms. You are their entire worlds ~ as it should be!

    Enjoy your special day and your sweet party. Can't wait to see the pictures :)

    ReplyDelete