Friday, July 6, 2012

Man...It's HOT outside!!!!!



 It's hot here in Tennessee in case you haven't noticed.  Or I guess if you don't live here, but either way, let me say it's HOT!  The bummer about hot days is that babies and hot don't mix well.  Shoot, for that matter, Mama's and hot don't mix well!  This means that baby is trapped inside a house ALL day.  And Mama is too.  We have to get pretty creative these days.  We pretty much do the same thing every day.  

We get up in the morning and I drink coffee and Sofia plays or pulls on me and keeps me from drinking coffee.  The latter is the usual.  She is my little Rooster head :)



I bought a larger inflatable pool earlier this summer but it's more trouble than it's worth most of the time, so instead I break out the $7 baby pool.  She seems to enjoy it more anyway.



The crazy thing about the heat is that it's so hot that even the hose water is really, really warm and the tiny little pool is not relief for too long.  About 45 min and she's done.  But look at how much fun she has in the first 5 minutes!!!  Woohoo!


Lounging in a chair in a diaper and tank top indoors is also pretty good to do on a hot day!  She looks like such a big girl here.  sigh... 


And what better to do on a hot day than play around on Pinterest or catch up on emails???  Or go to iTunes and order the Katy Perry CD and have a dance party???  It was all Sofia's idea.  I promise!!!!  And don't worry Daddy.  There wasn't any internet shopping going on.  ;)



So, that's about it.  We pretty much are just trying to stay cool.  We actually are really busy this summer meeting up with my sisters and their kids, going to the pool, hanging with friends and family.  It's going by so fast but it is wonderful and I thank God every single day for the opportunity to get to see my baby girl grow and enjoy life!  Stay cool everyone!!!!!  And go dance to Katy Perry.  It will make you smile :)


2 comments:

  1. Replies
    1. It's too funny, right?!? It is outta control when she wakes up! It's just like mine :)

      Delete