Sunday, July 22, 2012

Still In Shock



Saturday morning our family had a rude awakening.  J.R. woke up early, around 5:45 a.m., to go on his morning road bike ride before it gets too hot.  I hear him come back into the house and he is standing at the foot of our bed saying, "Susie, I think someone stole our car."  What?!  Did I hear him clearly???  Is this a really cruel joke???  Well, unfortunately, he was not joking at all.  My car that was parked right in our driveway, in our front yard, was totally gone.  

Shocker!!!



Now I know things could be worse.  It could have been the house.  Thank God none of us were harmed.  But in all, it still makes me feel very vulnerable.  I have always felt so safe on our little street.  We live right by MTSU and St. Rose church.  Our street is made up of older ranch style homes that are either owned by little old people who have lived here forever or new couples/families like ourselves.  We all look out for each other, know our routines and schedules, etc.  But who is going to be up in the middle of the night watching out for each other?  

Yes, the car was unlocked and we usually pull into the back yard behind the gate, but on this night (like many before) we just left it out front thinking nothing of it. 

So now I don't have a car, Sofia doesn't have a carseat (which isn't cheap folks!), no stroller, one of my purses, my sunglasses, and a few other things.  But we are safe and unharmed.  Gotta look on the bright side!

Sofia has returned to her infant carrier seat that is still within weight limits to be safe, but not as safe as her big car seat was.  And it was pretty interesting getting her in and out of the back of my old faithful 1997 two door Honda Civic!




She looks pretty happy though!


That's a look at our weekend.  Like I said, I still can't believe it!  We will have to see what happens with insurance and such from here.  With only one of us working this changes so much.  Things just aren't as easy as they are with two incomes but we will make it work.  I just feel so uneasy in my own home now and that is what makes me sad.  We sacrifice so much to make everything better for Sofia and give her the best and safest place to grow up.  I guess we can't protect our little babes from everything though.  This is a reminder of that.

I hope you all have had a much better weekend!!!!  

Enjoy the ride ;)


2 comments:

  1. I can't believe that happened to you guys, how terrible and scary. I hope your insurance company is wonderful to work with and you guys get all of the items replaced. I'm so sorry :(

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Well, the craziest thing happened and it was found, unharmed, and we have no idea how they started it! No hot-wire, no key, no idea!!!! Long story but all is well now. Except the fact that I am still uneasy but hopefully that will pass with time :)

      Delete